Applying For Grants or Scholarships
The ability to apply for competitive grants is announced to the local media and through this website. A simple application form is submitted by a specified deadline.
The Foundation’s Competitive Grants and Scholarships Committee reviews the applications and select the most worthy for competitive grants that year. A simple written agreement is executed between the recipient and the Foundation and funds must typically be spent within one year of receipt.
In general, the Foundation does not approve grant requests outside the normal grant review cycle.
Scholarship applications are submitted directly through the high schools. Please contact your respective high school to learn about the application process. In general, applications are submitted in the fall/winter and awarded each May.
Grant Criteria and Priorities
For 2014, the Foundation has changed its traditional grant application process to focus on the organization’s initiatives. Please see our latest press release (under News and Events) on this topic. Initiatives are also explained in detail on the side bar after you select Applying for Grants and Scholarships.
GRANT CRITERIA: Funding will only be given for a specific project that meets the following criteria:
- Clearly addresses one of three Initiatives:
a. Aging in Place Seniors Initiative
b. Support the learning of science, technology, engineering & math (STEM) Initiative
c. County Youth Initiative–foster youth development in extra-curricular activities for ages K-12
Only complete applications will be considered. You MUST include all of the following:
a. Application for Funding
b. Grant Project Budget
c. Signature Page
- Applications not addressing an initiative will not be accepted
- Is for the public benefit and serves Calaveras County residents only
- Shows evidence of non-discriminatory policies in hiring staff and providing services
- Is not for an endowment fund or an annual campaign, to retire long-term indebtedness or to a private foundation or other grant-making organization
- Does not support or influence a political purpose (legislation or elections) or promote a specific religion
- Is not for personnel expenses or overhead expenses of any type
FUNDING PRIORITIES: A project that
- Is innovative and clearly addresses one of the three Initiatives
- Provides a unique and positive impact within Calaveras County
- Demonstrates excellent planning and clear feasibility, with reasonable work plans, including benchmarks of performance and means of measuring success
- Includes collaboration with other Calaveras County agencies or organizations
- Does not duplicate existing services or projects
- Can be funded, or partially funded, for $500-$10,000
- Must be completed within 12 months from notification of award
Applications will begin to be accepted on March 1, 2014 and must be completed and submitted to CCF by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 31, 2014. Fillable PDF forms are available below. Be sure and read the instructions below thoroughly.
Below are the links for the fillable PDF forms.
1) First, download the forms to your computer BEFORE you fill them out.
NOTE: if you fill out the form before you have saved the form to your hard drive, it will not save the information you enter.
2) Next open the form PDFs that you have saved to your computer and fill out the forms, saving each.
3) When the forms are completed, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to CCF: P. O. Box 1436, Angels Camp, California 95222
- Helpful Hints 2014
- Grant Application Guidelines & Signature Page – fillable PDF form
- Grant Application for Funding – fillable PDF form
- CCF Grant Project Budget – fillable PDF form